The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting on behalf of a secondary schools based in and around Liverpool. We are seeking Cover Supervisors to join our successful supply staff team. We are looking for Cover Supervisors in the following areas – Liverpool, Sefton, West Lancs, Halton, St Helens and Warrington areas.
Candidates must be:
- Educated to a good standard and present themselves as a professional
- Genuinely interested in teaching/supporting lessons within schools
- Have experience working with young people in schools or a community setting
- Have experience managing behaviour and leading groups
- Willing to be flexible
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervising the students on work left by members of the teaching team
- Assisting in preparing the learning environment and resources
- Assisting with the management of student behaviour to ensure a constructive working environment
- Responding to students about the work that has been set
- Collecting any work completed after the lesson and returning it to an agreed person/place
- Leaving the room in good order at the end of the lesson
- Supervising entry and departure of students in accordance with school policy
- Recording and reporting attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy
- Reporting back as appropriate using the schools’ agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class and any other issue arising
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the schools’ policies and procedures
- Following school policies and procedures especially those relating to child protection and health and safety
- Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate
The positions we are able to offer in our client schools are both on a long term and shorter term basis, including daily cover.
This position would ideally suit individuals trying to gain school experience to apply for teacher training or those who are already involved with school but are looking to develop their career further.
Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure and will be subject to references.
Application by CV to [email protected]
Individuals working for TES benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Holiday pay scheme
- Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career
- A flexible approach to work
- Permanent and temporary opportunities
- A trained team of education consultants
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC Audited Education accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard. For more information about this role and other opportunities contact the team on 0151 480 8818.