Are you thinking of a Teaching career?
Do you want to gain more experience of working in the Education Sector?
Do you have experience working with young people in schools or a community setting?
If the answer is yes then why not apply for a Cover Supervisor role. We can supply all the training you need and find the school most suited to you.
The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting for Cover Supervisors on behalf of the Secondary Schools we are supporting in the Altrincham region.
We are seeking individuals to supervise lessons across Key Stage 3 and 4 classes. This role would ideally suit an individual wishing to gain more experience to enter a career in teaching, or someone who has previous experience working with young people and would like to develop their career in this field.
We also provide additional training to grow your knowledge and experience of the role.
Note: All applicants who wish to apply to us will have to be safeguard cleared and complete our registration process. Registrations are no obligation and to ensure individual safety during the current climate there is no need to attend our Manchester office. We have arranged the signing up process to be completed from the safety and comfort of your own home via video link and emails.
Candidates would be expected to be:
• Educated to a high standard and present themselves in a professional manner
• Genuinely interested in teaching/supporting lessons within schools.
• Experienced working with young people in schools or a community setting.
• Experienced managing behaviour and leading groups.
• Willing to be flexible.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Supervising the students on planned work left by members of the teaching team.
• Assisting in preparing the learning environment and resources.
• Assisting with the management of student behaviour to ensure a constructive working environment.
• Collecting any work completed after the lesson and returning it to an agreed person/place.
• Leaving the room in order at the end of the lesson/day.
• Supervising entry and departure of students in accordance with school policy.
• Recording and reporting attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy.
• Reporting back as appropriate using the schools’ agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of the pupils under supervision.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the schools’ policies and procedures.
• Following school policies and procedures especially those relating to child protection and health and safety.
• These are flexible roles on either a fulltime or part time basis.
• Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £49.37p
• Provide references and be subject to safeguarding checks.
• The salary payable will be £60-£80 per day.
How can you be considered?
Email an up to date CV by clicking apply now. The CV needs to show all of your experience working children and young people. We would also recommend a covering letter which highlights your experience and what you can bring to the role.
Why you should choose TES and what will you gain?
At TES we understand and appreciate the contribution supply teachers make to education, and we strive to ensure you feel valued as a member of our team.
• Full training if required.
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Holiday pay scheme.
• Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career.
• Permanent and temporary opportunities.
• A trained team of education consultants to support you at all times.
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.