The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting on behalf of Secondary Schools based in Manchester City Centre. The schools are rated as a minimum of Ofsted Good and all have an excellent reputation within the local authority. Along with everybody else we appreciate the uncertainty of the current situation, but we are continuing to recruit on behalf of our schools during this period. We need candidates to join us now as we are anticipating unprecedented demand for staff when our schools return.
We are seeking Cover Supervisors to support KS3 and KS4 pupils on either a full-time or part-time basis. This role would ideally suit an individual wishing to gain more experience before committing to a career in the education sector, or someone who has previous experience working with young people and would like to develop their career in this field.
Note: All applicants who apply to us will have to be safeguard cleared and complete our registration process. Because of the current climate and travel restrictions we have created a process where the signing up process is completed from the safety and comfort of your own home via video link and email. If you are interested then I would love to speak with you today to discuss further, so if you would like to be in the best position for work, then please contact me today.
Candidates would be expected to be:
- Educated to a high standard and present themselves in a professional manner
- Genuinely interested in teaching/supporting lessons within schools.
- Experienced working with young people in schools or a community setting.
- Experienced managing behaviour and leading groups.
- Willing to be flexible.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervising the students on planned work left by members of the teaching team.
- Assisting in preparing the learning environment and resources.
- Assisting with the management of student behaviour to ensure a constructive working environment.
- Collecting any work completed after the lesson and returning it to an agreed person/place.
- Leaving the room in order at the end of the lesson/day.
- Supervising entry and departure of students in accordance with school policy.
- Recording and reporting attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy.
- Reporting back as appropriate using the schools’ agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of the pupils under supervision.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the schools’ policies and procedures.
- Following school policies and procedures especially those relating to child protection and health and safety.
- Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
- These are flexible roles on either a full time or part time basis.
- Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £40.
- Provide references and be subject to safeguarding checks.
- The salary payable will be £60-£70 per day.
How can you be considered?
- Email an up to date CV by clicking apply now. The CV needs to show all of your experience working children and young people. We would also recommend a covering letter which highlights your experience and what you can bring to the role.
Why you should choose TES and what will you gain?
- At TES we understand and appreciate the contribution supply teachers make to education, and we strive to ensure you feel valued as a member of our team.
- Full training if required.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Holiday pay scheme.
- Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career.
- Permanent and temporary opportunities.
- A trained team of education consultants to support you at all times.
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.