Start – September
Are you a confident Key Stage 3/4 Design Technology Teacher looking for an exciting role, superb leadership and support plus a modern working environment with a GOOD Ofsted rating?
This High School in the Lowton region are is the ideal place for you to hone your teaching skills and move your career in the right direction, then APPLY NOW!!!!
The Education Specialists (TES) are a recruitment business, recruiting on behalf of a High School in Lowton to cover for maternity. To be successful in your application for this Design Technology teacher role, you will need to show an inventive and imaginative flair to teaching. The school wants to meet DT Teachers who have the confidence and teaching skill to conduct themselves with authority and integrity in the classroom, providing an excellent role model for their pupils.
Candidates will be responsible for:
- Effective and thorough preparation of lessons
- Teaching KS3/4 Students
- Maintaining accurate records, regularly assessing and grading the work done by students, taking part in the arrangements for formal assessment of students and taking part in the regular assessment of students, including arrangements for individual student interviews relating to their progress and action plans
- Maintain a purposeful and positive working atmosphere in the classroom through the clear communication of College expectations and consistent use of College referral procedures and pastoral systems where this is necessary
- Set appropriate standards for students’ learning, motivation, attendance, punctuality, submission of work and presentation of work
- Keep full attendance records making prompt and regular use of the College’s electronic attendance system
- Ability to teach in the workshop (hand tools and basic wood work machinery)
- Ability to teach CAD (Computer Aided Design) Corel Draw
- Ability to teach Textiles (would be an advantage)
- A positive attitude and professional approach
- Good communication skills both written and verbal including clear presentation skills and the ability to produce clear written material
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good team working skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- The role will begin September 2020
- This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday to cover maternity leave
- Total working hours in the school will be 37.5
- Successful candidates will be required to hold, or apply for, an enhanced DBS and be subject to safeguarding and vetting checks
- The salary for this role is pro rata based on the teacher pay scale grading from £23,720 – £39,406
How can you be considered?
Email an up to date CV by clicking apply now. The CV needs to show all of your experience working children and young people. We would also recommend a covering letter which highlights your experience and what you can bring to the role.
Why you should choose TES?
At TES we understand and appreciate the contribution supply staff make to education, and we strive to ensure you feel valued as a member of our team. Individuals working for TES benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Holiday pay scheme
- A flexible approach to work
- Permanent and temporary opportunities
- A trained team of education consultants
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.