KS3/4 SEN Teaching Assistant
Start – ASAP – 17th July 2020
The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting on behalf of an ‘Outstanding’ school based in the Stockport Local Authority.
We are seeking an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work with pupils aged 11-16 on a long – term basis until July 2020. As part of a forward thinking, innovative team you will be required to work both on a 1:1 and small group basis supporting the pupils in all aspects of school life. Experience and knowledge of working alongside students with learning difficulties, and autistic spectrum conditions is essential.
The school has high expectations of both its staff and pupils and manages pupils’ behaviour with exceptional skill and great sensitivity. This leads to a happy productive working environment for all. The school are seeking an individual who can embrace this way of working.
This role will include various tasks such as:
- Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
- Promoting independence within the school environment.
- Leading activities 1:1, under direction of the teacher.
- Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets
- Working in partnership with teachers and other TA’s to provide a stable, positive environment for learning.
Applicant details and how to apply:
- Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the update service or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £40.
- Has previously completed Team Teach training or will be willing to undertake a free refresher course which are offered as part of our staff training programme.
- Application is by CV and covering letter by clicking apply now.
- Candidates must be able to fully commit the post which commences as soon as a suitable applicant is selected and is funded until July 2020.
- Salary, £13,000 – £15,900 depending on experience.
Individuals working for TES benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Holiday pay scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- On-going support and guidance throughout your education career.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Permanent and temporary opportunities.
- A trained team of education consultants. For more information about this role and others here at TES.
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.