The Education Specialists
The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting on behalf of an ‘Outstanding’ school based in the Oldham area.
TES have an exciting opportunity for an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to work within a PRU supporting pupils aged 10-16. As part of a forward thinking, innovative team you will be required to work both on a 1:1 and small group basis supporting the pupils in all aspects of school life. The pupils you will be supporting have range of SEND needs including EBD, SEMH and may express challenging behaviours.
The school has high expectations of both its staff and pupils and manages pupils’ behaviour with exceptional skill and great sensitivity. This leads to a happy productive working environment for all. The school are seeking an individual who can embrace this way of working.
We are looking for staff who can provide the following support:
• Provide emotional support to pupils
• You will need to be approachable and patient in order to build relationships
• Team Teach is desirable
• Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
• Promoting independence within the school environment.
• Leading activities 1:1, under direction of the teacher.
• Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets
Previous experience working within this area is essential.
Applicant details and how to apply:
• Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the update service or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £40.
• Have undertaken Team Teach training or will be willing to undertake a refresher course which are offered as part of our staff training programme.
• Application is by CV and covering letter by clicking apply now.
• Candidates must be able to fully commit the post which commences as soon as a suitable applicant is selected.
• Salary, £60-£70 a day depending on experience.
Individuals working for TES benefit from:
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Holiday pay scheme.
• Pension scheme.
• On-going support and guidance throughout your education career.
• A flexible approach to work.
• Permanent and temporary opportunities.
• A trained team of education consultants. For more information about this role and others here at TES (call the team today on 0161 838 5767).
Job Type: Temporary full-time
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.