Year 6 Higher-Level Teaching Assistant – Oldham (Greater Manchester)
Start – ASAP – 17th July 2020
Are you a Higher-Level Primary Teaching Assistant looking for a position in a Good Ofsted rated school in Oldham?
The Educations Specialists are acting as a recruitment business, recruiting on behalf of a Primary school in Oldham. The school is a Good Ofsted rated school with excellent supportive staff.
We are seeking an experienced Higher-Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to work with Year 6 pupils on a full-time basis until July 2020.
Candidates must hold Teaching Assistant qualification of Level 4 or above.
As part of a forward thinking, innovative team you will be required to work both on a 1:1 and group basis supporting the pupils in all aspects of school life.
This role will include various tasks such as;
- Complementing the teacher’s delivery of the National Curriculum.
- Contributing to the development of other support staff and pupils.
- Supporting school policies and strategies.
- Planning collaboratively with teaching staff.
- Assisting teachers with the management and preparation of resources.
- Supervising whole classes occasionally to cover the short-term absence of teachers.
- Supporting the welfare and inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life.
- Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
- Promoting independence within the school environment.
- Leading small groups under direction of the teacher.
- Implementing behaviour strategies.
- Supervising community activities with the pupils.
- The role may involve covering planning, preparation and assessment (PPA) time across the school. The HLTA may also take responsibility for ‘agreed learning activities’, working with individual pupils or groups.
Details of the role:
- This role commences asap and is until the July 2020
- The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday between 8.30 am and 3.30pm
- Total working hours in the school will be 35 hrs per week
- The salary for this role is £70 – £80 per day subject to experience.
- Successful candidates will be required to hold, or apply for, an enhanced DBS and be subject to safeguarding and vetting checks.
How can you be considered?
Email an up to date CV by clicking apply now. The CV needs to show all of your experience working children and young people. We would also recommend a covering letter which highlights your experience and what you can bring to the role.
Individuals working for TES benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Holiday pay scheme.
- Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Permanent and temporary opportunities.
- A trained team of education consultants.
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.